Doxycycline treatment. What is Doxycycline used for? Order online
- Doxycycline antibiotic. What is Doxycycline?
- Where can I buy Doxycycline? Doxycycline pharmacy
- Doxycycline alternatives
- Doxycycline uses. What is Doxycycline used for?
- Doxycycline Capsules Contraindications
- Doxycycline dosage
- How to take doxycycline hyclate 100mg?
- Doxycycline for the treatment of chlamydia
- Doxycycline for the treatment of ureaplasmosis
- Doxycycline for acne
- Doxycycline for the tick bite
- Measures to prevent complications
- Doxycycline 100mg price. How much does Doxycycline cost?
Doxycycline antibiotic. What is Doxycycline?
Antibiotic Doxycycline - characteristic of the drug.
Tetracycline antibiotics, which include Doxycycline, have a wide spectrum of action. This semisynthetic antibiotic has a bacteriostatic effect on microorganisms - inhibits the ability of microbes to multiply in the body.
The antibiotic penetrates the cells of microorganisms and blocks the synthesis of proteins there. Doxycycline has an effect on a large number of microbes - causative agents of aerobic (requiring oxygen for development) and anaerobic (they can develop without oxygen) infections.
The following bacteria are sensitive to Doxycycline: streptococci, staphylococci, E. coli, salmonella, dysenteric bacillus, Klebsiella, clostridia.
In addition, Doxycycline kills pathogens of especially dangerous infections (cholera, plague, anthrax and tularemia), sexually transmitted infections (syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis) and other pathogens.
A wide range of action of the drug is especially important in cases where the causative agent of the disease could not be established for one reason or another. And some diseases, such as pneumonia, can be caused by various microorganisms.
Doxycycline has no effect on fungi and viruses. When administered inside the drug is almost completely absorbed in the stomach. Eating does not affect the absorption of the drug.
The therapeutic plasma concentration after a single dose is kept for 15-16 hours, with repeated - 18-24 hours. This allows you to take doxycycline 1 time per day.
It cannot be argued that Doxycycline is the best drug for any disease, since the choice of antibiotic depends on the causative agent and the sensitivity of the antibiotic to it, as well as on the severity of the disease, and on the presence of concomitant pathology in the patient.
While taking Doxycycline, you should refrain from work that requires a quick motor or mental reaction and increased attention.
Where can I buy Doxycycline? Doxycycline pharmacy
How to order Doxycycline 100 mg over the Internet?
Today, people are increasingly trying to buy drugs in online pharmacies. This trend is explained by the following reasons:
- Doxycycline in an online pharmacy is cheaper than at regular points of sale;
- In some cases, you can get free shipping;
- A wide selection of drugs;
- You can get advice by calling the online store.
When purchasing Doxycycline in regular city pharmacies, people often do not know how to order this drug in an online pharmacy without a prescription. Our article provides detailed instructions for this process.
Registration in the online pharmacy system
Before you start choosing a medicine, many online stores are asked to register with their system. But it should be remembered that registration is possible directly during the registration of your order.
After you have registered, you may receive an email with a confirmation of registration. Your task is to follow the link indicated in the letter and you will be taken to the online pharmacy section for further ordering the medicine.
Online pharmacy directory
In the virtual directory you can get the following information:
- A detailed description of the drug you are interested in (doxycycline);
- You can find out with which other popular medicines people are buying Doxycycline.
- You can also see prices for medicines and current promotions with discounts.
Selection and ordering of Doxycycline medication
You can choose the medicines you need in two ways:
- In the search bar, enter the name of the desired product (Doxycycline);
- On the main page, select the category you are interested in and select the necessary products.
If you quickly find the desired product, send it to the basket. To do this, click on the link to the product page and click "Add to Cart". Doxycycline will automatically go to the cart and you can continue shopping. When you select a product, to view the selected items, go to the cart section by clicking on the appropriate button.
The basket is your virtual bag in which you collect the necessary medicines. You can:
- View your selected product;
- Increase or decrease the number of units purchased.
- After that, be sure to click the “Recalculate” button and you will receive the final cost of the goods;
- Find out the total cost of your order;
- Delete the order, if for any reason you cannot place it;
- Continue shopping if you want to purchase any more medication;
When placing an order for the drug Doxycycline over the Internet, you need to do the following:
- Check your chosen product and total price;
- Choose a convenient delivery option for you: Mail delivery: pick up at the post office; Courier delivery: courier service will deliver the goods to you at a convenient time and place for you, but they can charge for their services.
- If the online pharmacy has conditions under which you can get the goods for free, in this case, the representative of the online store will cover these costs.
- If you want to order goods online, you can choose the payment option that is convenient for you.
After you check all the data, you can safely send the order to Doxycycline. You will receive an e-mail with the confirmation of your order at the e-mail address provided during registration. After that, the managers of the online store can contact you to confirm the details of the order.
Doxycycline alternatives (active ingredient - doxycycline hydrochloride)
Analogs of the drug called drugs with the same pharmacological action, but which include various active ingredients. Before acquiring an analog or alternative to a drug for treatment, it is imperative that you consult with your doctor.
Analog (alternative) of Doxycycline is the drug Unidox Solutab (the active ingredient is doxycycline monochloride).
There is also the concept of drug synonyms, that is, drugs with different names, issued by different companies, but having the same active ingredient.
Doxycycline alternatives (synonyms):
- Doxycycline Nycomed;
- Doxycycline hydrochloride;
- Doxycycline STADA;
- Doxycycline Ferein;
- Doxal and others.
Doxycycline uses. What is Doxycycline used for?
The wide spectrum of action of Doxycycline allows it to be used to treat a large number of infections whose pathogens are sensitive to this antibiotic:
- respiratory diseases (acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, lung abscess and pleural empyema, pleurisy);
- urinary tract infections (urethritis, pyelonephritis);
- infections of upper respiratory tract (otitis, sinusitis or inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, angina);
- intestinal infections (dysentery, salmonellosis, typhoid fever, cholera, and others);
- diseases of the pelvic organs in men and women (endometritis, salpingoophoritis, epididymitis, prostatitis);
- inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (cholecystocholangitis, proctitis, peritonitis);
- infections of soft tissue and skin (furunculosis, carbuncle, acne);
- sexually transmitted infections (primary and secondary syphilis, gonorrhea, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia);
- many infectious diseases (brucellosis, typhoid, rickettsiosis, Q fever, yersiniosis, borreliosis, tularemia, whooping cough, leptospirosis and others);
- eye diseases (trachoma, ulcerative keratitis);
- osteomyelitis and others.
Doxycycline Capsules Contraindications
Contraindications for the appointment of Doxycycline are:
- hypersensitivity to doxycycline or other tetracyclines;
- severe liver failure;
- systemic lupus erythematosus;
- reduced white blood cell count;
- increased amount of porphyrins in the blood (a special pigment that is part of hemoglobin);
- lactose intolerance;
- glucose-galactose malabsorption (inherited impaired galactose and glucose);
- lactase deficiency (congenital abnormality);
- pregnancy (can be prescribed only for health reasons);
- children up to 8 years;
- Children over 12 years old with body weight less than 45 kg.
The dose of the drug, the optimal frequency of Doxycycline use and the duration of the course of treatment are determined by the doctor.
A single dose for oral administration and intravenous drip is 100-200 mg, the daily maximum dose is 300-600 mg for oral administration and 300 mg for intravenous administration.
Doses depend on the type of pathogen and severity of the patient. Usually, doctors prescribe 200 mg on the first day of treatment, then 100 mg per day. In some cases, doctors prescribe 200 mg per day for the entire period of treatment.
For adolescents, the doses of doxycycline are the same as for adults. For children weighing more than 45 kg, a dose of 4 mg per 1 kg of body weight is prescribed on the first day of treatment, regardless of the route of administration of the medicine, and on subsequent days, at the rate of 2-4 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
How to take Doxycycline hyclate 100mg?
It should strictly observe the prescribed dosage of the drug. The daily dose can be taken once at the same time of day, and can be divided into 2 doses in 12 hours.
Doxycycline hyclate 100mg should be taken after meals and should be washed down with a large amount of liquid (preferably water). For the entire period of taking the drug, plenty of drink is recommended. Some scientists recommend drinking the drug with milk to prevent side effects from the stomach. But other researchers are of the opposite opinion, explaining that Doxycycline hyclate forms an insoluble compound with calcium from milk, and thereby reduces the effect of its action.
While taking Doxycycline hyclate, it is undesirable to consume fresh fruits, as they can irritate the gastric mucosa and contribute to the occurrence of side effects from the digestive system.
Even some trace elements and vitamins can affect the effectiveness of doxycycline. Therefore, we must be careful with the simultaneous use of dietary supplements during treatment with Doxycycline; It is best to discuss this issue with your doctor.
Doxycycline for the treatment of chlamydia
Recent studies have shown the effective use for the treatment of chlamydia 3 groups of antibiotics: tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones and macrolides.
In uncomplicated forms of chlamydia (urethritis, cervicitis and carriage of chlamydia without manifestations of the disease) Doxycycline is the most preferred of all tetracyclines, as it is administered in lower dosages (100 mg) and only 1 or 2 doses per day.
When chlamydia is combined with other infections, the selection of antibiotics is carried out individually in accordance with the sensitivity of the isolated flora.
A good result of the treatment of inflammatory manifestations in the pelvic organs is observed with the joint appointment of Doxycycline (100 mg per day) and Metronidazole (500 mg 2 times a day). Currently, in chlamydia, doxycycline is prescribed at any stage of the disease. Doses of the drug, treatment regimen, duration of the course are selected individually depending on the characteristics of the manifestation of the process.
The problem with the treatment of chlamydial infection is that if the treatment is not properly carried out, the disease becomes chronic. Therefore, do not change the dose or duration of treatment.
Doxycycline for the treatment of ureaplasmosis
Ureaplasma is sensitive to Doxycycline. The antibiotic penetrates into the cell of the pathogen, blocks protein synthesis in it, and ureaplasma loses its ability to reproduce and soon dies.
The dose of the drug, the treatment regimen, the duration of the course of treatment are selected by the doctor individually, depending on the contamination of the pathogen, the clinical manifestations and the individual characteristics of the patient.
A cure usually occurs with a 10–14-day course of treatment with Doxycycline.
To reduce the likelihood of side effects of doxycycline, antifungal drugs, eubiotics and hepatoprotectors (drugs to reduce the toxic effects on the liver) should be taken at the same time.
After treatment, a control examination of both sexual partners is carried out.
Doxycycline for acne
Acne is a disease of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles. Persons of young age and teenagers often meet with this disease (80%). With abundant acne rash, antibiotic therapy is indicated.
One of the drugs prescribed for acne is Doxycycline with its broad spectrum of action. Its effectiveness in the treatment of acne is also explained by the fact that it is highly soluble in fats and is able to penetrate into the ducts of the sebaceous gland and hair follicle. Therefore, doxycycline has advantages in choosing an antibiotic for the treatment of acne.
Also, when choosing Doxycycline for acne, the low price of the drug matters.
Severe acne should be treated by a dermatologist. He will select the dose of the drug and observe it during the treatment process, if necessary, prescribe external treatment. Intermittent antibiotic courses are used more often for a long time.
The use of doxycycline in acne gives a stable and long-lasting remission of the disease.
Doxycycline for the tick bite
The causative agent of tick-borne relapsing fever (borrelia) is transmitted by ticks when it bites. Therefore, it is recommended to take a tick extracted from the body to a laboratory for research on whether it is a carrier of borrelia.
Given that the incidence of borreliosis is high, then a positive response from the laboratory (that is, infection of the tick with borrelia) is prescribed a preventive course of Doxycycline for 3-5 days at 200 mg per day for 2 doses. Children over 8 years old - 4 mg per 1 kg of body weight. Children up to 8 years old are prescribed Augmentin or Azithromycin preventive course.
Preventive course should be held no later than three days (72 hours) after a tick bite. With a timely and properly conducted course, Doxycycline is effective for the prevention of borreliosis.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers are not given a course of antibiotic.
Measures to prevent complications
Take the Doxycycline Capsules only on prescription and preferably after determining the sensitivity to doxycycline selected microbes.
The drug drink plenty of water.
During treatment regularly take control blood count, liver function tests, blood tests for residual nitrogen and urea.
Avoid direct sun exposure during treatment and 5 days after treatment. In order to prevent dysbiosis take eubiotics (all preparations containing lactobacilli and bifidobacteria), to comply with the assigned dose and duration of treatment, eat dairy products. To prevent fungal infections to take nystatin or Levorinum.
Doxycycline 100mg price. How much does Doxycycline cost?
Doxycycline 100 mg prices
|30 doxycycline capsules
|60 doxycycline capsules
|90 doxycycline capsules
|180 doxycycline capsules
|270 doxycycline capsules
|360 doxycycline capsules
↓ Click HERE to order Doxycycline Online and See more information